Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Goodbye Hong Kong

Go down 
+21
Janek
Kin on Spurs
postie
hongkongyid
twiglet
edman
Craig
bennylee
GDG
Hairy
Chris
spur'don
Bennycat
IanG
ezza
James
Barry Lineker
ozspur
Number 10
yankee yid
Daniel
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:15

Have you checked out the swinging scene in Shanghai yet? I know how it is, you live in a city for two years, you've shagged half of DB, time to move on...

To be serious for a moment, thank you for setting up the site, it was a great way to meet people when I came to HK and I've had some superb times from it.

Keep in touch and if you're around America at all pop in to see me in the Cayman Islands!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:21

I'mgoing to hold you to that Janek.

The upside to all this moving around is that we are slowly creating our very own international Spurs network that will stand teh test of time. We must not lose touch. Is there a way we can centralise our emails rather than using our work ones (which will change over time)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:24

Indeed and as Spur'd On said, with email and Skype etc, very easy to keep in touch

I suppose the best way to do that is by logging into this site and giving each other email addresses over PMs?
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:54

Sounds like it's not a wind-up then! Shocked

Sorry to see you go, but like you said I'm sure you'll be back from time to time. As everyone else has said thanks for all you did in setting this site up, as you can see it has really made a difference to people living here to be able to meet up with like-minded yids for football, beer, quizzes etc... Which is a pretty good legacy to leave!

Good luck in Shanghai, my advice is live in the French Concession, the nicest bit of the city by miles in my opinion. See you up there in Babyface (Shanghai's answer to Fenwicks) one day soon

Cheers Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 24282

B L
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:41

Daniel - All the best in Shanghai. Thanks again for welcoming me with open arms into SiHK, back at McSorleys, at Spurs last match against the Gooners in May 2006.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:45

Barry Lineker wrote:
Sounds like it's not a wind-up then! Shocked

Sorry to see you go, but like you said I'm sure you'll be back from time to time. As everyone else has said thanks for all you did in setting this site up, as you can see it has really made a difference to people living here to be able to meet up with like-minded yids for football, beer, quizzes etc... Which is a pretty good legacy to leave!

Good luck in Shanghai, my advice is live in the French Concession, the nicest bit of the city by miles in my opinion. See you up there in Babyface (Shanghai's answer to Fenwicks) one day soon

Cheers Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 24282

B L

haha...i see we have an expert ;-). Don't be a stranger Stew, see you in Shanghai
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:46

Kevin wrote:
Daniel - All the best in Shanghai. Thanks again for welcoming me with open arms into SiHK, back at McSorleys, at Spurs last match against the Gooners in May 2006.

remember it well Kev. Thanks for the wishes and hopefully see you before I leave
Back to top Go down
Sam
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Sam

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 00:26

Sad So sad to know about it... it comes so suddenly...
Please visit us time to time. Any drink before you go??
Back to top Go down
rudysw2
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
rudysw2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 09:09

All the best fella.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 16:42

Oliver Cromwell

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart. I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 17:15

try telling that to the Chinese consulate...
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 20:31

Daniel wrote:
Is there a way we can centralise our emails rather than using our work ones (which will change over time)?
Why don't those of us who want to send our email address to someone responsible, one of the James if they're game to do it, and they can then send a PM to everyone on the list so we can all create a SiHKandChinaandthe CaymanIslands group for ease of emailing? Sound like a plan? I'll assume it's ok and have sent my email address to Number10. cheers
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 17:44

Really sorry I'll miss your leaving drinks Daniel Sad

Thanks for setting this website up - has made HK a lot of fun!!

Great to meet you. All the best.

YIDS xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Hong Kong
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2