Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Go down 
+52
edman
colininDB
LoubyLou
Vishal
Kin on Spurs
jjetset
charlize
Craig
Alex
Confucius
kevinyip714
nipponyid
spurs4ever
slug
Les Boy
Barry Lineker
jacksyee
Martin Chivers
gundam
danish
Tai
Fatyid
Enter The Pitbull
Bennycat
Chirpy
nigel
Janek
charlie
bad_baz
chivers
chrischeng
IanG
Benno
Aussiespur
leo88
Hairy
Ian
Kevin
ezza
Number 10
thfc1882
ozspur
Tottingham
spur'don
StewHK
twiglet
Daniel
DannyBoy
James
hongkongyid
GDG
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:13

GDG....chelsea supporting son...say it ain't so? confused

Ian, I think you'll find a number of us are hardly world class either. I havent played in years and if I remember correctly I was pretty useless then and doubt I've improved by not playing. So you'd hardly be the least adept player. Or at least one of a few.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:20

Unfortunately it is true, he was at the Soccer 7's in his Lampard shirt - oh the shame. Embarassed I guess I should be pleased that he has a mind of his own, but I'm not.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 08:56

GDG wrote:
Unfortunately it is true, he was at the Soccer 7's in his Lampard shirt - oh the shame. Embarassed I guess I should be pleased that he has a mind of his own, but I'm not.

There is still time to save his soul. He's young and impressionable, otherwise you'll have to sell him off for medical research Smile
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 09:09

If he continues to support them I will give him a lifetime of hell reminding him that he only started supporting them because they happened to be the best. Especially when the Russian money has gone and they're back in the regional leagues with the likes of Torquay and Macclesfield.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 09:22

Welcome aboard Ian! Seems as if we have a bit in common, being born in the same year and our experiences on the Euro trips in the early 80's no doubt! Have you ever heard of the 'ICD'???

One other similarity ... My Dad was also not heavily into football, but if he was, it could of been Chelski, although he claims that he used to watch some games at Millwall when we lived in Dulwich as a kid. My uncle was a big Chelski fan and took me to Stamford Bridge for my first football match (I think I was 5 at the time). However I didn't like it and wanted my Dad to take me to the Lane. Even though my Dad wasn't a massive football fan (and essentially 'neutral'), he obliged about 3-4 times with trips to the Lane, so as a kid I was chuffed. By the time I was 15 years old, I was going regular by myself (rather with some mates).

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 13:47

StewHK wrote:
Have you ever heard of the 'ICD'

Bit cryptic that Stew - something to do with your rampaging around Europe in 1984? - come on, spill the beans....
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 13:50

Actually I just Googled it - International Classification of Diseases - right, thats that one cleared up then Wink
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 13:54

twiglet wrote:
StewHK wrote:
Have you ever heard of the 'ICD'

Bit cryptic that Stew - something to do with your rampaging around Europe in 1984? - come on, spill the beans....

maybe our dyslexic version of the ICF?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12 2007, 00:35

GDG wrote:

Shocking, truly shocking, although I am somewhat of a black sheep in my family as they are all Goons, my old man was due to have trials with L'Arse and succeeded in breaking his leg the day before. Weird because sometimes I have to wonder what life would have been like had he made it, from what I have heard (not from him I hasten to add) he was pretty handy.

He's not much into footie these days, like the rest of us he's fed up with these over-pampered arseholes ruining the game we love.

He did, for a laugh, buy my son Luke (or Young Skywalker as he's more commonly known) an Ars***l teddy bear, of course I burnt it in front of him to let him know who's boss!!
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12 2007, 01:32

hongkongyid wrote:

of course I burnt it in front of him to let him know who's boss!!

Very funny - Love it Laughing
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: ICD   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12 2007, 12:18

ICD means 'Inter City Drunks'. The name was chosen by an ex-hooligan (from the mid-70's) called Barry from Willesden. He was reired from the violence thing, but was well connected and know to everyone at the Lane at that time. Lovely bloke. Anyway, my Spurs mates/friends from south of the river met him and his mates on a pre-season trip to Amsterdam where we lost to Cologne. His lot had similar tastes, as in going to away matches, having a good drink and meeting lots of nice local ladies etc. Our two groups got on well, so we started going to all home and away matches together.

We were NOT into any violence issues, but it came our way occasionally. Most other Spurs fans at that time knew of us as good boys that like a drink and that's how we got the name ICD. Even in those days the ICF had heard of us (very funny that). Basically good time boys - liked by all. We had a great time in those days for sure. Yes, I was in the ICD !!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14 2007, 20:27

GDG wrote:
Borrowing unashamedly from SC, here's a chance to introduce yourself to everyone. People may use a different name on the board to their own, me for example. I'm Aaron, a physio, in HK for seven years this time, would like to make it along to all the games but realistically will be an occasional visitor. Supported Spurs since I was about 7, so 38 years now, greatest Spurs moment was being behind the goal for "That Goal" by Ricky Villa, still gives me goose bumps when i think back - you can't buy moments like that.

Don't be shy, tell us who you are and how you found Spurs..

Hi all.

I've been an exiled Spurs supporter on the Rock of Gibraltar since earliest childhood memory in the late 70's. While I didn't have much to go on in those days (1/2 hour of Big League Soccer once a week and a copy of Shoot!) my (delusional) addiction to Spurs has never wavered...

Have 3 best Spurs moments in my life ... and i can't decide between them.

Dad took me twice to WHL a couple of times and despite 1st drawing and then loosing the 2nd match, I had one of the best days of my life. I was smitten....there were more Spurs fans at WHL than the whole of the population of Gibraltar... sweet as man... I found my second home !!!

Standing up alone, I've sang my heart out for Spurs against thousands of Athletico Madrid fans in a stadium in Jerez years ago.... got the whole fucking lot of them going ... At the end of the match, Ossie and Perryman (then managers) came over with the whole team and told my girlfriend (who by this point was paralysed with embaressment) and I how much they had appreciated the support !

Most shocking Spurs moment .... probably when my older sister told me she had dated Steve Perryman in school in Enfield ... couldn't believe she made me wait 21 years of my life to tell me that

Its been pure nail-bitting entertainment again watching Spurs the last couple of seasons...

Look forward to many more together my fellow hongkongyids!

Come on you SPURS !!!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 09:01

Welcome Jason. Good to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 10:35

Please Ezza, don't encourage this type on here. Razz
Back to top Go down
leo88
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
leo88

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 21:10

hi all,

ive been lurking in the distance for a while now, but thought id take this opportunity to introduce myself. Spurs supporter, along with my bro and cuz since the Lineker, Gazza, Waddle days when i was in primary school, my, those were the days..true spurs greats Laughing

Born and raised in UK, but have holidayed in HK most years of my life, and looking to work in HK once i get my finger out and take the plunge! Quite intimidating having lived in UK all my life, but hopefully workers here will prove to me that HK is where it is happening! I usually stay with family or friends in Sheung Shui or Tuen Muen when Im back (bet none of you are that far out!), hope to make some meets, talk spurs and play some footie when Im back next, in the meantime will enjoy the spurs gossip on here, great site btw...! cheers
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 22:07

Welcome, Leo, look forward to seeing you post more on here in the furutre. Let us know when you're in town, I'm sure there will be someone around to meet up for a beer.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 01:34

leo88 wrote:
hi all,

ive been lurking in the distance for a while now, but thought id take this opportunity to introduce myself. Spurs supporter, along with my bro and cuz since the Lineker, Gazza, Waddle days when i was in primary school, my, those were the days..true spurs greats Laughing

Born and raised in UK, but have holidayed in HK most years of my life, and looking to work in HK once i get my finger out and take the plunge! Quite intimidating having lived in UK all my life, but hopefully workers here will prove to me that HK is where it is happening! I usually stay with family or friends in Sheung Shui or Tuen Muen when Im back (bet none of you are that far out!), hope to make some meets, talk spurs and play some footie when Im back next, in the meantime will enjoy the spurs gossip on here, great site btw...! cheers

Welcome Leo! Do let us know when you come to HK.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 07:58

James, what is your right hand doing in your avatar?
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 08:21

I'm more concerned about James' feet.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 09:28

Finally got your avatar to work then, HKY?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 12:15

hongkongyid wrote:
I'm more concerned about James' feet.

Crouch's feet is slimmer
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 12:16

GDG wrote:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 690105
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 17:47

GDG wrote:
Finally got your avatar to work then, HKY?

No, did you do that then? It just appeared as if by magic!!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 21:39

Only Daniel can play with other people's profile as far as I'm aware, so you have him to thank I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 22:19

James wrote:
GDG wrote:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 690105

haha...lovely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-