Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Go down 
+52
edman
colininDB
LoubyLou
Vishal
Kin on Spurs
jjetset
charlize
Craig
Alex
Confucius
kevinyip714
nipponyid
spurs4ever
slug
Les Boy
Barry Lineker
jacksyee
Martin Chivers
gundam
danish
Tai
Fatyid
Enter The Pitbull
Bennycat
Chirpy
nigel
Janek
charlie
bad_baz
chivers
chrischeng
IanG
Benno
Aussiespur
leo88
Hairy
Ian
Kevin
ezza
Number 10
thfc1882
ozspur
Tottingham
spur'don
StewHK
twiglet
Daniel
DannyBoy
James
hongkongyid
GDG
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 14:23

GDG wrote:
twiglet wrote:
Anyone tell me how to do the 'qoute' thing properly....
Click the "quote" icon above the post you want to quote, then type outside the quote boxes when you make your own post, the site will sort it out for you from there.

thanks
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 14:31

No problem. If you want to quote something that you're pasting in from outside the site, you can click "post a reply" and one of the options above the text box is "Quote", which will automatically insert the quote brackets for you and again you put your text in between.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 14:47

ozspur wrote:
However, I did see us beat Santander and Sheff Utd.

Did we beat Santander???? Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 15:01

Eric, Spursaholic since 1971. Father took me to see the Mighty Lillywhites play at Scumbury. Chiv scored the equaliser and that was it for me. Completely hooked. I still have my season ticket but last season was the first year I'd missed since 1977. I desperately miss WHL, but meeting you guys this past 12 months has gone a very long way to making up for it. Thank you.

Fav Spurs moment? '91 Cup Semi. I get goose bumps thinking about it even as I write. And the '84 Uefa cup final - pure, unadulterated joy on the terraces. Oh, and the '81 Final replay - I wasn't there but remember the whole family at home celebrating long into the night.

What else? Erm........I like a drink and I like to sing. Usually the two go together......you may have noticed at the 7s a few weeks back. bounce

Great to see you all there last night. I hope the group and the forum get bigger and stronger. And I hope we keep Berbatov forever king

COYS
Ezza
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Yep   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 16:26

Yep, topPUNDIT is done with Bruce (he's my partner in this business)

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 17:26

[quote="James"]
ozspur wrote:

Did we beat Santander???? Shocked Laughing

or it might have been Sociedad - memory going with age :-), but yes we did win. It was a pre-season friendly.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 18:04

ozspur wrote:
First, thanks for setting up this forum. Excellent to have a common site for all HK Yids.
As for me, my first game at WHL was in 1961, but to my eternal shame, I simply can't remember who we were playing. In fact, to be very honest, I didn't get to see much of the game but was simply blown away by the size of the crowd. My whole family were/are Spurs fans, so there was no chance of me being anything other than a yid.
Spent my teenage years in the Park Lane End and dodging Millwall fans whenever I returned home from the Lane - the dangers of growing up in Lewisham!
Special moments - too many to list but every Cup Final I went to was magical.
Worst moments - the insanity of Rotterdam back in 74, and losing to Coventry in 87.
I left England in 1972 and have spent all my working life out of England. Have been in HK for 7 years now, but prior to that lived in Brisbane - hence the name ozspur.
I try to get back to England occasionally, making sure I get a few games in. This season I had the misfortune of seeing us lose away at Bolton and at home to Everton. However, I did see us beat Santander and Sheff Utd.
Final comment, I actually hate Chelski much more than the gooners, and Wet Spam's not too far behind, but above all my love for all things Tottenham outweighs the hatred.
Also member of Spurs Odyssey and the Spurs List (google groups) - both fine forums.
COYS

Hi there Ozspur. Where do you normally watch the games when we are on? If not with other yids out here then why not? Be nice to see you out for the next game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 20:50

Dainel wrote:

Hi there Ozspur. Where do you normally watch the games when we are on? If not with other yids out here then why not? Be nice to see you out for the next game.

Have been a regular at Delaneys for the last seven years. Never miss a game.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 21:13

So the avatar is fairly lifelike then?
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 22:56

Ha, not that bad. really :-)
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 22:11

Hi..I m Kevin. My wife, Diana, & I recently relocated from Australia to HK. No doubt like most of us - work brought us to this shores. We hail where the mighty All Blacks reside (if anyone is ever keen to watch any rugby - give me shout too).

The first english football match that I watched was the FA cup final between our beloved spurs vs. Man City in 1980 FA cup final. I was hugely impressed by spurs performance albeit that match ended in a draw & we subsequently won the replay. Since then I have supported spurs and would never ever support any other english side. Love spurs true & true cheers .

I look forward to catching up with you lads for more games in two months time.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 22:17

Kevin wrote:
Hi..I m Kevin. My wife, Diana, & I recently relocated from Australia to HK. No doubt like most of us - work brought us to this shores. We hail where the mighty All Blacks reside (if anyone is ever keen to watch any rugby - give me shout too).

The first english football match that I watched was the FA cup final between our beloved spurs vs. Man City in 1980 FA cup final. I was hugely impressed by spurs performance albeit that match ended in a draw & we subsequently won the replay. Since then I have supported spurs and would never ever support any other english side. Love spurs true & true cheers .

I look forward to catching up with you lads for more games in two months time.

Hello Kevin. Glad you found the site at long last. Hopefully we'll do something before the season kick off.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 22:41

Welcome Kevin - but it was '81, I was there too, right behind the goal when Villa scored THAT goal in the replay.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 12:24

Being a touch younger, I didn't really remember the 81 final, but winning that was one of the factors in me becoming a Spurs fan around that time.

Unfortunately the first final i remember really well was 87. Hotshot Tottenham indeed!
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Hi Kevin   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 15:53

Welcome Kevin.

Yes I too was at the 1980-81 final, both the drawn game and the replay. What an incredible 2 matches they were. The famous Ricky Villa goal was something special as well!

Tottenham support at those games were something special. Lots of colour, flags and singing. I also remember the following year when we played QPR in the final and that one took two attempts to left the trophy!

Glory Days!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 17:20

THe QPR replay was one of the most dire games of football I've ever watched, but at least we won.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Ian

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: ... a Lamma Yid   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:16

Hi all, my name's Ian, born in Wandsworth (no jokes about the prison...), London in 1963... (another old git as Stew so sensitively put it Rolling Eyes ). My family moved to Clevedon in the West of England in '66 where I grew up, a friend at Junior School told me he was from London and was 'SPURS', I knew I was from London, but didn't have much idea about norf' and sarf', I decided I was London, so I was also 'SPURS'... thankfully my father isn't into football or I would probably have suffered the indignity of being 'chel$cum' and not have had the good sense (at 8 years old) to have known any better...

My first games were:

Away - 3-1 win at Bristol City on 8th Dec 79

and a match at WHL against Stoke,... can't remember the date, but I know Peter Taylor was playing on the wing for us so it could have been '76, '78 or '79 according to Jim's site

I was at the Lane a lot during the 80's including memorable European nights against Bayarn, Feynoord, Vienna, and Split, and a forgetable night when c nicholas scored for arsepaste and knocked us out of the LC... Crying or Very sad

was back in the UK for the last three years after a number of years in France, and four in China and had the pleasure of my first games at the lane since the days of terraces and fencing... I missed the former, but not the latter...

I arrived in Hong Kong in July last year and bumped into our very own GDG at Diesel's on Lamma (with his chel$cum supporting son... how did that happen! No )

Have enjoyed meeting various of you at Wanchai and then Mid-levels... and will hopefully do so more frequently next season with more favourable working hours.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:21

So, are you up for playing a match on 23rd June, Ian? You know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:25

GDG wrote:
So, are you up for playing a match on 23rd June, Ian? You know it makes sense.

I'll be working all day... current contract ends the 10th August... Saturdays are out for me until then, and even then... are you sure you want the most useless footballer with two legs that the world has ever known?....
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:34

I think you'll find there's a hole in your argument. It's a Saturday night and the game is from 9.30 to 11pm - even bloody English teachers don't work that late on a Saturday. Get your backside down there and support the lads, even if you're not prepared to pull your boots on.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:41

Yes, and this is the first ever match played by SpursinHongKong. Historical moment.

Even Sheffied FC was formed in an evening like this... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 23:45

GDG wrote:
I think you'll find there's a hole in your argument. It's a Saturday night and the game is from 9.30 to 11pm - even bloody English teachers don't work that late on a Saturday. Get your backside down there and support the lads, even if you're not prepared to pull your boots on.

haha well spotted. Come on Ian, ne keye!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:03

It's a Spurs v Spurs game, ffs, how can you NOT make it?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:04

Daniel wrote:
GDG wrote:

haha well spotted. Come on Ian, ne keye!

hmm... I'll have to discuss it... will get back to you... must get to bed now,... will be in touch. Cool
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:09

And don't forget to spread the word about the site to other Spurs in HK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: