Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ramos snubbed us

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Ramos snubbed us Empty
PostSubject: Ramos snubbed us   Ramos snubbed us EmptyWed Aug 22 2007, 20:15

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6958450.stm

Seville coach Juande Ramos says he rejected a "dizzying" offer to take over from Martin Jol at Tottenham.

Jol's future was in doubt after Spurs lost their first two games of the season before beating Derby.

Spurs were reported to have met the Ramos camp over the weekend before telling Jol his job was safe providing he delivered Champions League football.

"They made an excellent, dizzying offer, but I'm under contract and my decision is to fulfil it," said Ramos.

"There was not the slightest possibility that I would accept it because I'm under contract. It did not interest me or the club.

"I wasn't in a meeting with anyone, what happened was that I met with a person and that person went on to meet other people who were surely Tottenham."

Ramos is regarded as one of the most promising coaches in European football after guiding seville to back-to-back Uefa Cups.

His side finished third in La Liga last season and are primed to qualify for the group stages of this season's Champions League after a 2-0 win over AEK Athens in the first leg of their third round qualifier.

WE LOOK LIKE IDIOTS
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Ramos snubbed us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos snubbed us   Ramos snubbed us EmptyThu Aug 23 2007, 10:48

jocolor
Back to top Go down

Ramos snubbed us
Page 1 of 1