Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!

Go down 
+10
James
hongkongyid
GDG
Daniel
StewHK
spur'don
twiglet
ezza
Number 10
DannyBoy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10 2007, 13:02

As discussed in said impromptu gathering, I echo GDG's thoughts on this:

2 wins, 1 draw, 2 clean sheets. Only goal conceded was unstoppable. It is a good (if unspectacular) start. Results first, performances later. Plus Ramos needs time to actually make an impact on our style of play.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10 2007, 13:15

Number 10 wrote:
As discussed in said impromptu gathering, I echo GDG's thoughts on this:

2 wins, 1 draw, 2 clean sheets. Only goal conceded was unstoppable. It is a good (if unspectacular) start. Results first, performances later. Plus Ramos needs time to actually make an impact on our style of play.

But dull, lifeless performances. No team spirt, as far as I could see, and few players playing as if they care. That performance against Boro was one of the worst I have seen in many years. 2 wins against very inferior opposition and a draw against a really crap Boro side. Yes, it will take time..........but I am getting older and more impatient and want to see success before senility sets in Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10 2007, 13:28

there is no defence for such a shite performance. You could say the oppos were poor but that didn't stop liddypool hamering their opponents this week. Why do we stop at 2 or 3? Let's get a big old score again. Do we have a clause or something. RAMOS OUT JOL IN
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10 2007, 14:09

Is that the same Liverpool who drew 0-0 with Blackburn last week, scraped a 2-2 draw with Spurs in the 92nd minute, who lost 2-1 away to Besiktas and lost 1-0 at home to Marseille, who are currently 19th out of 20 in Ligue 1?

Nobody said it's perfect yet, but surely it has to be an improvement on losing every week or throwing away leads in the last few minutes? Even Robbo has been quoted as saying that Ramos is making improvements in the way they're playing and defending, and that's after a mere two weeks with them when they've had a crowded fixture list. Patience young man.,
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 13:43

Run, Walk...

Rome, A day..

etc
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 14:40

normally a team expects to see some short term temporary uplift in form when a new manager gets on board - Jol was drawing league games, winning Carling Cup games and Getafe aside (bit of a f**ked up night altogether that one) was getting results in Waffa Cup - a few weeks have already passed and I haven't see a change in 1) the results or 2) the way the team are playing (Chimbo at Centre Back for f**ks sake) - better start changing tonight vs Wigan.

C'mon Ramos and your amigos, let's see what this GBP100,000/week can do?
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 16:32

I think I was suggesting that there were signs of the Jol method of defending a small lead when you don't necessarily have to. If a test of players like Defoe and Bent is required then :

1. How comes they didn't score against poor/weak opposition?
2. Why were the midfield still on the backfoot for many parts of the 2nd half?

In my opinion another testing of players would be 'ok you are 2-0 up, now get out there and take the piss by making it 4-0' (the top 4 in the EPL pretty much do this week in and week out). This could of been done because the Israeli team was never a real threat, but only a slight threat when you let them have the ball.

Like many of us had said in the Jol era - we make bad teams look good if only for a short period, but in that period they tend to score against us.

I'll give Ramos his 'orientation' period, but like I said, I did see some signs of 'Jol' tactics which was worrying. I hope you are right GDG - that it's just an experiment. Anyway, Bent is still PANTS !!! :puke:

COYS !!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 13:34

StewHK wrote:
'ok you are 2-0 up, now get out there and take the piss by making it 4-0'

obviously someone was listening to you there Stew
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 13:55

Wigan performance was a proper performance.

first 3 games, decent results, pedestrian performances
game 4, quality all round
if we can play that way against Wham, Brum and City and win 2 of the 3 or better, the doubters must surely embrace Ramos
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 13:56

Ooh, nice pick up, twiglet.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 14:03

GDG wrote:
Ooh, nice pick up, twiglet.

sharp to the bottom of the glass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!   Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs Vs Tel Aviv...The Lust for Glory continues!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5