Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Robbo

Go down 
+3
ezza
Hairy
James
7 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Robbo   Robbo EmptyMon Jan 07 2008, 18:28

Robbo, the issue is not whether it was a goal. The issue is your poor positioning and poor decision not to punch the ball over the bar.

Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson has defended his howler against Reading, stating the goal should not have been given.

The England international has come in for fierce criticism of late for a string of blunders for club and country.

It appeared the Spurs keeper let in yet another after carrying over Stephen Hunt's lofted free-kick in their FA Cup tie at the weekend.

The goal was given, but Robinson, after reviewing the video evidence numerous times, cannot believe the effort was allowed.

No goal

"You can look at that free-kick as many times as you like and it's not a goal," said Robinson. "I just cannot see how you could possibly give it.

"I have seen the incident eight or nine times on TV and there is no angle where you could clearly say 'Yes, it's over'.

"I'm used to criticism now but, at times, it's been too personal.

"But this one is particularly harsh because I have seen it so many times and still don't believe it was a goal."
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyMon Jan 07 2008, 21:47

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyTue Jan 08 2008, 09:34

I've had enough of his excuses and bleatings. Sell him and sell him now. Go out and buy a replacement in January or summer. In the meantime, Cerny or Alnwick should be starting. If not, what's the fecking point of having backup goalies?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyTue Jan 08 2008, 21:27

ezza wrote:
I've had enough of his excuses and bleatings. Sell him and sell him now. Go out and buy a replacement in January or summer. In the meantime, Cerny or Alnwick should be starting. If not, what's the fecking point of having backup goalies?

There's talk of sending Alnwick out on loan. Goodness only knows what Cenry has to do to get a run in the side.

Espen Baardsen was dropped after just a couple of errors back 6-7 years ago.

There's was another keeper too in the late 90's who i felt was rather harshly treated who's name escapes me.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 09:34

spur'don wrote:

There's was another keeper too in the late 90's who i felt was rather harshly treated who's name escapes me.

Erik the Viking? Ian Walker, Neil Sullivan, Kasey Keller?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 09:53

James wrote:
spur'don wrote:

Erik the Viking? Ian Walker, Neil Sullivan, Kasey Keller?

Neil Sullivan. That's the one ! Thanks James.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 09:58

Baardsen and Sullivan dip in form was less costly or prolonged compared to Robbo. I can only assume Cerny performance in training is unimpressive.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 10:14

Sullivan's fall from grace was so quick! He was voted player of the season by the fans in 2000-01, especially as he single handedly prevented the Goons smashing us at elast 6-1 in the 2001 FA Cup Semi-Final, but then he became rubbish, Hoddle bought Keller and I think Sullivan went to Chelski reserves, then Leeds and now Doncaster!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 11:29

There was talk of Baardsen joining Man Utd. He then made an awful error against West Ham at home, was immediately dropped and that was that !
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 14:21

Sullivan was the keeper with most save in the league in the first season he joined us.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyFri Jan 11 2008, 00:23

robbo is a bit poo these days
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyFri Jan 11 2008, 10:13

W're linked with the Ajax keeper today, 6ft 4 apparently
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyFri Jan 11 2008, 10:48

I'd go that geezer from the Houston Rockets.......Yao Ming's his name........7ft 8 !!!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyFri Jan 11 2008, 11:10

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article3168711.ece

Juande Ramos’s shake-up has gathered pace, with Tottenham Hotspur in talks about signing Daniel Jarque and Stewart Downing. They have also identified Maarten Stekelenburg, the Holland No 2 goalkeeper, as a potential successor to Paul Robinson.
A representative of Jarque flew to London last night for negotiations with the North London club. The 25-year-old Espanyol defender is believed to have had dinner with Ramos recently with a view to becoming the first significant arrival at White Hart Lane since Spaniard took over as head coach in late October. Ramos’s priority is improving a porous defence, but the team have conceded 21 goals in 17 matches under him.
Ramos has made four full backs available for sale , with a view to bringing in two new players. The club are open to offers for Lee Young Pyo and Benoît Assou-Ekotto, but only one may be allowed to leave this month because Gareth Bale, the Wales left back, will be out for at least a further two months after a foot operation.
On the other flank, Pascal Chimbonda, the France right back, and Paul Stalteri can leave when a replacement is found. Willie McKay, Chimbonda’s agent, said that the defender would move to Aston Villa, who have expressed an interest. “Would Pascal welcome a move to Aston Villa? Of course he would,” McKay said. “He is looking to leave Tottenham and Villa are a big club with great potential.”

Philip Ifil, a right back, joined Colchester United yesterday after making five appearances for Tottenham, since his debut four years ago.
Tottenham were thought to have lost interest in Downing, but they have made a fresh attempt to sign the England winger from Middlesbrough. They are believed to be offering players in part exchange. Tottenham had an offer of about £6 million for him turned down by Middlesbrough three years ago and have made several inquiries since.
Downing has not been angling to leave, but it is thought that he would accept an offer from Tottenham this time. He has 2½ years left on his contract. Keith Lamb, the Middlesbrough chief executive, claims that there has been no contact. “We have had absolutely no contact from Tottenham or any other club about Stewart,” he said.
Tottenham have also identified Stekelenburg, of Ajax, as their next possible goalkeeper after making available Robinson, who was dropped from the team who drew 1-1 against Arsenal in the Carling Cup semi-final, first leg at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
“It was just a normal decision at a football team,” Gustavo Poyet, the Tottenham assistant manager, said. “Paul now knows what he has to do — he has to prove that the manager was wrong.”
Stekelenburg has ten caps for Holland and is considered by his country as the natural successor to Edwin van der Sar. The 25-year-old has a similar style and looks to the Manchester United goalkeeper. At 6ft 4in, he came through the Ajax academy, starting his career as a forward before switching position.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptyFri Jan 11 2008, 11:32

A new 'keeper and center back would be very welcome although I've never seen either of the players mentioned play. I've seen Downing and IMO he'd be a complete waste of money and effort. Very average premiership player.

As for our 4 full backs mentioned in the article, I've never been impressed with Salty, BAE or Bruce Lee - all of them average. Chimbo is a very good player, but clearly has an attitude problem, so feck him, he can piss off.

Feel sorry for Phil Ifil. Never really got a chance to impress consistently. I never saw him being any worse then the three FB mentioned above. I reckon we should have kept him as cover.

Daniel Alves please and certainly not that sweaty sock Hutton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo Empty

Back to top Go down

Robbo
Page 1 of 1