Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Keane tells Bent to go to Sunderland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Keane tells Bent to go to Sunderland Empty
PostSubject: Keane tells Bent to go to Sunderland   Keane tells Bent to go to Sunderland EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 08:23

Roy Keane wants to sign Darren Bent for Sunderland.

Keane impressed as a manager in his first season in the Premier League and he now wants to improve Sunderland's squad ahead of the new season and is reported to be shaping up a £10 million move for Darren Bent.

If Spurs were to sell Bent, it would be a huge loss for the club, not really for the team as Bent has largely been disappointing, but for the club accountant, who would have to report a £6.5 million 12 month deficit.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=506935

I believe we will and should hold on to Darren Bent.

He is a hard-working, decent and proven PL striker, who knew he wasn't going to get much 1st team actionhis first season for Spurs, with Berba and Keano forming the Leagues' most lethal strikeforce.

I also reckon he was bought as a long term cover for Berba (and part of Spurs policy of having 3 recognized strikers - room for Milito then), who they expected would leave THIS summer.

He has scored 10 goals coming off the bench and hardly played. At 10-12M, which I bet is all that Levy gave Charlton upfront, it will seem another schrewd move by Levy, as imo there is enough evidence to prove he will deliver much more.

He seems a very decent chap too. I especially admire him for waiving a (reportedly) huge difference in pay packet to join us over the Spammers.

I look forward to Bent coming good and playing a much more influential role for Spurs, for many years to come.

Aiiiii.
Back to top Go down

Keane tells Bent to go to Sunderland
Page 1 of 1